Senior Product Marketing Manager/Marketing Lead
Who we are / What is Headstart
Headstart is on a mission to transform the way organisations hire! We are the world's first diversity driven Applicant Matching System. We use Machine Learning to transform the recruitment process, enabling clients to find the right high potential employees regardless of gender, ethnic status, sexual orientation or age.
As a YCombinator company, we launched in 2017 and are HQ'd in London and San Francisco. We already have partnerships with some major brands globally but you can read more here: https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/24/headstart-wants-to-better-analyze-candidates-to-fit-them-with-the-best-jobs),
We are about to close a major round of funding and as a result we are embarking on a significant recruitment drive across all areas of the business in 2019.
We could tell you lots more of the glossy stuff that would be more fitting in a marketing brochure but then everyone does that don't they?! The truth is we are a small (but perfectly formed!) team taking on an almost impossible vision. We have come a long way in a very short space of time and that's down to the dynamics of the team. We are a fully transparent and open business and we try and engage everyone from across the business in all key decisions and actions, regardless of whether you are in product, operations, sales or customer success.
We treat everyone as adults as a results focused business you have the freedom to organise your own working day and style to compliment the rest of your team. We believe people work at their best when they feel their best, both mentally and physically, so we believe in the importance of giving people autonomy and responsibility to deliver in a way that allows them to deliver their best personal and professional selves.
Having said that, it's a startup! There is never enough time and there are too many priorities. Daily! But we are lucky to have such great investors, great early adopter clients and the ability to control our own destiny. If you think you can cope with that and you fancy jumping on a rocket ship (literally) then we would like to hear from you
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Product Marketing Manager/Marketing Lead (SPMM) to join our growing team at Headstart. As SPMM you own our marketing strategy and know just how to position Headstart to the market to get the attention of our ‘radical buyer’. You will work closely with our product team to translate our vision and mission into inspiring product positioning, messaging, and an overall compelling value proposition. You will also lead our engagement with our partner brand & product marketing agency who are based in the US.
As our senior PMM you will:
- Create and execute end-to-end marketing campaigns to position Headstart as the go to solution for our clients and prospects
- Implement our go-to-market strategy and work with the sales team to create sales enablement plans for our target markets
- Work closely with the product team through the complete product development cycle
- Lead and work with our brand agency partner based in the US
- Develop a compelling and engaging social, digital and events presence, positioning Headstart as a leader in our domain community
- Develop wide-ranging product related marketing material including blogs, thought leadership pieces, case studies, webinars and podcasts
- Create compelling content and collateral for all stages of the sales cycle, including slide decks, whitepapers, videos etc.
- Be responsible for our brand management and identity
- Set up, analyse and report on appropriate marketing KPIs to track the impact and ROI of our campaigns
You will have worked in a fast paced technology business before, ideally in the HR/Resourcing space. Having made your mark you are looking for the next step up and the chance to craft a compelling proposition from the ground up in a business that is on the cusp of growth. In summary you:
- Love what you do and you want to use your knowledge of human potential to level the playing field when it comes to fairness at work
- Have demonstrable experience in product marketing roles in the enterprise software (SaaS) space.
- Have a solid understanding of product marketing, inbound marketing, and content marketing.
- Are familiar with the discipline of modern product management and how product marketing fits into it.
- Have built agile growth teams working alongside colleagues in product management, data science, sales, engineering and subject-matter experts
- Have solid knowledge of marketing analytics, automation, and content creation tools
- Have gained experience working with B2B software and you are familiar with the dynamics and customer journey in enterprise B2B solutions.
- Are technically fluent and can translate technical/product capabilities into customer benefits
- Are a hands on self-starter with the attitude to get things done
- Are able to handle the ambiguity of working in a fast-growing business
- Can cope with the ups and downs and daily hustle of a startup environment!
- You get to change the world of work!
- Fully flexible and remote working
- Annual team "get togethers"
- Unlimited holidays
- Budget for individual learning and development
- An awesome team of course!